The best buy now pay later (BNPL) apps combine speed, flexibility, convenience, and affordability. They are a legitimate way for consumers to finance purchases. Their popularity with customers already makes it essential for companies to know how to offer bnpl in their retail store.
Today, BNPL apps do not restrict consumers to retail stores. They are accepted in many verticals including luxury goods, automobiles, and more.
Below, we look at the best BNPL apps, and give you information about their borrowing limits, credit checks, minimum credit scores, APR, schedule terms, and more.
The Best Buy Now Pay Later Apps:
- Which stores accept Affirm? A variety of stores from Amazon to Walmart and beyond. Anything from travel to luxury to electronics and auto.
- How much can you borrow from Affirm? $17,500
- Affirm payment schedule terms: 4 interest-free payments every two weeks, or monthly.
- Does Affirm offer interest-free financing? Yes, on bi-weekly repayments.
- Affirm APR and fees? 0% – 30% APR, and no fees.
- Does Affirm require a credit check? Yes, a soft check.
- Minimum credit score required to use Affirm? None.
Who is Eligible to Use Affirm?
To use Affirm, you must be a citizen of any territory of the U.S., be older than 18 (19 in Alabama or if you’re a ward of the state in Nebraska) and have an SSN (social security number). You must also own a phone registered in the U.S. that can receive an SMS.
How to Get Approved by Affirm?
Anyone can apply for Affirm. They will do a soft credit pull and consider your application if you meet the requirements. There is no way to guarantee that your application will succeed.
Affirm Bnpl Review
Affirm is a solid option for those seeking a buy-now-pay-later app. It has a good borrowing limit, offers different options for repayment, and can even accommodate your loans without fees and 0% – 30% APR.
- Which stores accept Afterpay? A variety of stores that include women’s, men’s, kids’, home, and small businesses from common and uncommon brands.
- How much can you borrow from Afterpay? $200 – $2000
- Afterpay payment schedule terms? Four installments due over two weeks.
- Does Afterpay offer interest-free financing? Yes, on any loan.
- Afterpay APR and fees? 0% APR, $8 late fee.
- Does Afterpay require a credit check? Yes, a soft check.
- Minimum credit score required to use Afterpay? None.
Who is Eligible to Use Afterpay?
To use Afterpay, you must be older than 18 years of age. You must also be an authorized holder of an eligible credit or debit card.
How to Get Approved by Afterpay?
If you meet the requirements listed above, Afterpay will consider your application and could possibly do a soft credit pull. However, there is no surefire way to get approved, as the final decision lies with their team.
Afterpay bnpl Review
Afterpay is another excellent buy-now-pay-later app, more focused on small purchases. While their maximum loans aren’t as high as others on this list, their small late fee and 0% APR or interest make them worth using for any of your purchases for smaller products.
- Which stores accept Sezzle? A massive variety of stores and brands from clothing to sporting goods, jewelry, kitchen products, and more.
- How much can you borrow from Sezzle? Up to $40,000
- Sezzle payment schedule terms? Four payments over six weeks, with the first payment on the day of purchase.
- Does Sezzle offer interest-free financing? Yes
- Sezzle APR and fees? 0% APR and no fees.
- Does Sezzle require a credit check? Yes, a soft check.
- Minimum credit score required to use Sezzle? None
Who is Eligible to Use Sezzle?
To use Sezzle, you must be older than 18 years of age (or older depending on state), and you must have a valid U.S. or Canada-based phone number. You must also link a bank account, credit card, or debit card and have an email address for your profile.
How to Get Approved by Sezzle?
Before Sezzle considers your application, you must meet the above-mentioned requirements. You must also verify certain information, such as your SSN.
Sezzle Bnpl Review
Sezzle offers customers large loans with 0% APR and no fees, which makes them a fantastic choice. You also have six weeks for repayment compared to the traditional four provided by most buy-now-pay-later apps.
- Which stores accept Splitit? A variety of stores from fashion to home and furniture to health, hobbies, beauty, and more.
- How much can you borrow from Splitit? Depends on your credit card limit.
- Splitit payment schedule terms? You can choose between 3, 6, 12, or 24 instalments.
- Does Splitit offer interest-free financing? Yes, if you meet your monthly payments.
- Splitit APR and fees? 0% APR and no fees.
- Does Splitit require a credit check? No
- Minimum credit score required to use Splitit? None
Who is Eligible to Use Splitit?
You can use Splitit if you have a MasterCard credit card, VISA credit card, or Discovery credit card. Splitit does not have any additional requirements.
How to Get Approved by Splitit?
You automatically get approved to use Splitit if you meet the above-mentioned requirements and have enough remaining credit on your credit card when making a purchase.
Splitit differs slightly from the other names on the list in that they don’t provide you with money. They simply place a hold on your credit card while the amount in question is outstanding. This process allows you to split your credit payments, which can be useful for some.
- Which stores accept Perpay? Featured brands include SONOS, KitchenAid, PS4, nest, HP, Marc Jacobs, Samsung, and more.
- How much can you borrow from Perpay? $500 – $2000
- Perpay payment schedule terms? Aligned with your pay cycle (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly)
- Does Perpay offer interest-free financing? Yes, on all purchases.
- Perpay APR and fees? No
- Does Perpay require a credit check? No
- Minimum credit score required to use Perpay? None
Who is Eligible to Use Perpay?
The main requirement to use Perpay is that you maintain full-time employment. You must also have an active mobile phone, no active bankruptcies, and be “in good standing with all financial obligations”. If you are an independent contractor, gig-economy worker, or self-employed, you’re out of luck with Perpay.
How to Get Approved by Perpay?
If you meet the above-mentioned requirements, Perpay is likely to approve your application. Your spending limits through Perpay depend on your income, so it might be less or more than you expected.
While Perpay offers a solid buy-now-pay-later service for people with full-time jobs, it falls somewhat short for independent contractors, gig-economy workers, or self-employed individuals. People with full-time employment should consider Perpay.
PayPal Pay in 4
- Which stores accept PayPal Pay in 4? Any store that accepts PayPal payments.
- How much can you borrow from PayPal Pay in 4? $30 – $1500
- PayPal Pay in 4 payment schedule terms? Bi-weekly with one down payment and three payments.
- Does PayPal Pay in 4 offer interest-free financing? Yes
- APR and fees? 0% APR and no fees.
- Does PayPal Pay in 4 require a credit check? Yes, a soft check.
- Minimum credit score required to use PayPal Pay in 4? None
Who is Eligible to Use PayPal Pay in 4?
To use PayPal Pay in 4, you must have a valid PayPal account connected to a debit or credit card.
How to Get Approved by PayPal Pay in 4?
PayPal in 4 approves anyone with a valid account connected to a debit or credit card. Once you do, you can use Pay in 4 anytime you would use PayPal’s traditional payment method, except you will pay ¼ of the price now and ¼ of the price every 15 days until you’ve paid in full.
PayPal Pay in 4 Review
PayPal Pay in 4 offers an excellent buy-now-pay-later option since most people will already have a PayPal account. It requires no additional effort to set up and can immediately be used on your next purchase through PayPal.
PayPal Pay Monthly
- Which stores accept PayPal Pay Monthly? Any store that accepts PayPal payments.
- How much can you borrow from PayPal Pay Monthly? $199 – $10,000
- PayPal Pay Monthly payment schedule terms? Monthly over 6, 12, or 24 months.
- Does PayPal Pay Monthly offer interest-free financing? No
- PayPal Pay Monthly APR and fees? 9.99% – 29.99% APR, but no fees.
- Does PayPal Pay Monthly require a credit check? Yes, a soft check.
- Minimum credit score required to use PayPal Pay Monthly? None
Who is Eligible to Use PayPal Pay Monthly?
A valid PayPal account connected to a debit or credit cars is all you need to use PayPal Pay Monthly.
How to Get Approved for PayPal Pay Monthly?
Should you meet the requirements above – and pass the soft credit check IF they decide to do it – you can immediately use PayPal Pay Monthly for any of your PayPal purchases that fall within the $199 – $10,000 bracket.
PayPal Pay Monthly Review
Like PayPal Pay in 4, PayPal Pay Monthly offers already-existing PayPal users an excellent buy-now-pay-later app. The main differences come in with the purchase amount maximums. PayPal Pay Monthly offers larger purchasing amounts but comes at an APR% cost of 9.99 – 29.99.
- Which stores accept Klarna? Featured stores include NIKE, Sephora, Wayfair, Saks Fifth Avenue, Ray-Ban, BCBG, SHEIN, and many more.
- How much can you borrow from Klarna? No limit, but purchases must be greenlit and will depend on credit history with Klarna.
- Klarna payment schedule terms? Within 30 days of purchase or over four payments over 45 days, with one down payment and one payment every 15 days.
- Does Klarna offer interest-free financing? Yes, on some purchases.
- APR and fees? 0% APR and they do have late fees.
- Does Klarna require a credit check? Yes
- Minimum credit score required to use Klarna? None, but they ultimately decide to greenlight a purchase or deny it.
Who is Eligible to Use Klarna?
To use Klarna, you must be at least 18 years old and be able to connect your Klarna account to a valid bank account.
How to Get Approved by Klarna?
The best way to get approved by Klarna is to be old enough, have a positive credit history, and not have much debt. You can always alter the cost if a purchase is denied by removing some items and trying again.
Klarna offers a stricter – but flexible – service to those who can meet its requirements. They are perfect for large purchases IF you have a positive credit history and do not have much debt.
- Which stores accept Zip? Zip offers purchases from more than 51000 global merchants, including giants such as Target, North Face, and Wrangler.
- How much can you borrow from Zip? $350 – $1500
- Zip payment schedule terms? Four interest-free instalments over six weeks.
- Does Zip offer interest-free financing? Yes, on all their purchases.
- Zip APR and fees? 0% APR, but they do have late fees of $7.
- Does Zip require a credit check? No
- Minimum credit score required to use Zip? None
Who is Eligible to Use Zip?
To use Zip, you must be at least 18 years of age (or older, depending on your state of residence). You must also have a valid and verifiable phone number, US address, and US credit or debit card to make the purchases. Requirements might also include additional identification documents.
How to Get Approved by Zip?
Meeting the requirements mentioned above is enough to get approved by Zip since they do not do any credit checks.
Zip offers another easy-to-use buy-now-pay-later app. Since they do not require a credit check, it’s much more accessible than some other names on this list, but they fall slightly short regarding maximum purchasing amounts.
- Which stores accept Uplift? Uplift focuses on travel-related purchases but does offer some retail options. You can expect brands such as Atlantis, Alaska Airlines, Air Tahiti Nui, and more.
- How much can you borrow from Uplift? $100 to $15,000 per application.
- Uplift payment schedule terms? Monthly repayments.
- Does Uplift offer interest-free financing? No, expect simple interest on all purchases.
- APR and fees? 0% – 36% APR and no fees.
- Does Uplift require a credit check? Yes, a soft check.
- Minimum credit score required to use Uplift? 550.
Who is Eligible to Use Uplift?
Uplift is available to anyone with a credit score over 550. It is also worth noting that if you plan to use Uplift to finance flights, those flights must originate within the United States. You must also be going on the flight.
How to Get Approved by Uplift?
If you meet the above-mentioned requirements for eligibility, there shouldn’t be any problems with your financial approval from Uplift. Remember that making more than one application at a time will reduce the likeliness of subsequent applications being accepted.
Uplift offers a fantastic buy-now-pay-later option for those who frequently travel through the U.S. with airlines. While they do have a minimum credit requirement, they offer big loans to help cover your traveling expenses.